Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Still Art Prompting

I have set myself a pretty arduous month, but I'm determined. I might lag once my noveling takes off but so far I can keep up. It was a gorgeous sunny day today so Durwood and I got all the leaves raked and blown down to the curb so that the leaf trucks can pick them up. One year we were too late or it snowed before the last pickup and the snowdrifts along the front of our house were extra big with the leaves under them and in the spring all those disgusting wet leaves were there. Uck. Here's hoping they disappear in the next couple days.

November 3--Francisco Jose de Goya y Lucientes, Autumn, or The Grape Harvest. Luis saw what was happening there. He knew why the patron had called Marta over, why he displayed his wife and son to her. Luis had heard Marta crying to old Aricella the witch woman in the village that Senor Santiago loved her but he is bound by his family honor to the Senora and her son. Luis was glad to hear Aricella tell Marta that she was a fool, that the Senor only loved the part of her that lived between her legs, that he would take his pleasure on her and then toss her aside like so much soiled linen. Luis' heart broke to hear Marta's sobs, he loves her, wants to make her his. He tells himself that he would even take her if she grew big with the patron's seed. Judging by the way Senor Santiago is looking at her he may soon get her that way. He is sure that his love will carry them both through life.

Poor foolish Luis is doomed. It's been a long day, I'm beat. G'night.
--Barbara

No comments: