Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Blue Horse


I had to write the art prompt from the weekend. I couldn't resist it. I even brought it to work to scan it in so you can see it. I did my best with it but it's really something that Jenny would be better at.

November 7 & 8--Franz Marc, Little Blue Horse. Jools and Mic played happily on their bedroom floor. Their mama had decorated the room in pastels when she was expecting and hadn't changed it, but the room was very different in the children's minds. They both knew that in their inner reality, the walls were painted in great floating swaths of yellow, green, and red barely blending at their edges. The colors were deep and true, hiding the utilitarian room, making it a fantasy space for their growing minds. Orange lurked along the baseboards, bleeding down into the pink floor that had deep purple and forest green veins through it. In the center stood a magnificent blue horse with a broad friendly back and sturdy legs ready to take two children on long rides through forests of lollipop trees and alongside taffy rivers. Whenever Mama looked in to watch them play she cooed at her little pastel angels and never saw the vivid colors and blue horse in their hearts.

Like I said, this is not Jenny-quality work but I really like this Franz Marc guy's paintings.
--Barbara

No comments: