Sunday, November 1, 2009

Holy Crap Indeed!

It kind of snuck up on me today, the need to write 1667 words by bedtime. For some reason even though I had only a vague idea of what I was going to write, hadn't really made a plan, I sat down and pounded out 1791 words in one sitting. That's a lot for me at once. As you say, it is crap, but it is my crap and I kind of like it. Whether I can sustain this or turn it into a real story instead of a rambling monologue remains to be seen but I'm happy with my flying fingers today.

I'll post a prompt writing later. I promise. Cross my heart. But right now I need to make soup for next week's lunches. Gotta make soup.

You go, Jennifer! 5170 words! I'd get up at 4:45 too if I thought I could do that, but I'm sure it wasn't the early hour or the pre-dawn dark, but your innate writerly brilliance emerging like a butterfly out of its chrysalis. Ooh, good image, I'd better make a note.

No comments: