Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Nudder Sleeb!

Thursday and Friday were not knitting days at work last week so I hadn't gotten much further on Sleeve-the-Second by the time I got to Friday Night Knitting so that's what I worked on for the measly hour I had there.  I didn't keep track of the rounds of Sleeve-the-First so I had to guesstimate on the Second and called it wrong, about 4 rows too soon.  That meant that I picked out the last stitch, frogged the last 4 rows, picked up the stitches and knitted more stockinette rows, then the garter cuff.  Next I need to block it, then find some buttons to sew on, and it'll be done.  I like it although it's bigger than it was meant to be but that only means that it'll fit the baby for a longer time.


At the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting on Thursday evening a design contest was launched.  Happily there will be a category for those who design and sell patterns and sell their knitting, and then another for the rest of us beginners.  I've never considered designing a pattern but I did buy those Harmony Guides this summer and practicing cables is on my "to do" list for 2013, so I'm thinking I'll be picking out a cable or two and making up a pattern for fingerless mitts.  I love fingerless mitts.  Once I got to work on Friday I did a little Ravelry pattern searching for a cabled one that I can use to figure out how many stitches to cast on since cables suck in stitches.  This might be fun.  Did you ever design anything?

No comments: