Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday's Rolled Around Again

blueberries-to-be

And today my paycheck will be anemic because I only worked 2 days last week.  *sigh*  Good thing I have some money left from last week.  I'm so proud of myself; I managed to do almost nothing yesterday.  I didn't go diving (boo), didn't do any yard or garden work, didn't sew, barely knit, and I only stripped & washed the sheets from the beds.  (of course I put fresh sheets on too)  One thing I did do was organize a "dive & supper" day for next Sunday with some friends.  We've always liked these two couples, have the love of Bonaire in common, and just don't see them enough.  It finally occurred to me that we could invite them over to our house and see them that way.  *head slap*  So I did.  I emailed last week and then made calls last night to finalize the date.  Yay.  Durwood's volunteered to make supper--brats on the grill & homemade baked beans--and they'll bring salad and dessert, plus BYO, of course, so we don't have to buy a bunch of drinks.  Although, I might just get a growler from Titletown... (I know the brewer, ya know)  Now we just need the weather to cooperate.  Today's Photo A Day June's theme is "close up" and I had a blast wandering around the backyard & garden before 7 A.M. in a tank top and undies taking closeup pictures of a whole bunch of things.  (sorry, neighbors)  I hope at least one of them is halfway decent.  I'm sure there'll be one that you get to see.

June 4--Peru, Drum.  The group seemed to walk faster the steeper the trail got and she fell farther behind until she was alone.  Trudging along, one foot in front of the other, was not how she imagined this tour.  The brochure made it sound like a short stroll.  This wasn't.  She felt like ever pebble and root in the path cut through the sole of her cute shoes.  She hadn't bothered to change out of her capris, cotton sweater, and silver flats.  No way was she going to traipse around Peru in ratty jeans and hiking boots, not that she owned any.  What if some handsome man saw her looking like a loser?  She was so far behind the group that she couldn't even hear them anymore.  She wasn't sure she wanted to see whatever it was at the end of this mountain goat track anyway.  Where was the shopping?  Wasn't there supposed to be shopping and lunch?  She sat down hard on a rock beside the trail.  She'd just rest there, catch her breath, and wait for the tour group to return.  They were bound to come back this way.

Uh-oh.  You know the group will go another way and our little Miss Sheila will be stuck in some Andean village with clothing for the tropics instead of the mountains and not one word of Spanish.  Poor baby.  You all have a great day, I will because my scale was 1 1/4# lighter than it was last week.  Yay!  Go, me!  Yay, Durwood for being such a good and careful cook!


--Barbara

No comments: