Friday, June 22, 2012

I Finished Something!

It's been a long time since I finished a knitting project and this week I finally managed it.  It was the work of only one afternoon at the dive shop to knit the four rows of garter stitch that finish the Wingspan Redux shawlette/scarf.  I like it.  It's longer than I thought it was (well, duh, it was all crammed on a 40" circ) and I'm glad I added about 4 more triangles.  Next time I'm using bigger needles, the Angel variation pattern (it's holier), and casting on more stitches.



Last night I unearthed the Bandwagon Afghan blocks and cast on block #8 (of 12).  I figure that since I seem to be on a garter stitch jag, I might as well take up a WIP that I have a fighting chance of finishing in the foreseeable future (I have 7 blocks already done, see?).  Maybe even before summer ends.  I like making the miters and I like the way the colors contrast. 



No comments: