Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It Was A Making Day

I made stuff today, lots of stuff, and I'm going to show it all to you right now.  This morning after my walk I whipped up a batch of hummus.  Pesto hummus.  I found a recipe but I liked mine better so I just added a half cup of basil (from my garden), some balsamic vinegar, and some soy sauce.  Yum.  Pretty too.


For supper tonight I made, well, we made grilled shrimp with fruit salsa.  Oh. My.  The fruit salsa has red pepper flakes in it (well, my half of it does anyway) along with apple, orange, lime juice, green onions and mint leaves.  The recipe says it serves 8... yeah, well tonight it served 2.  And did it damned well.  We had parsnips and kohlrabi too.  *burp*


 



In sewing news, I finished making the bag I cut out and started sewing on Sunday.  It's big--17 X 13 X 8 inches.  Big.  And I only had to go buy 3/4 yd. of the stiffener stuff, otherwise I used all stash stuff.  Yay, me!







I've been knitting along on Bandwagon Block #8.  I was hoping to get more of it knitted at the movie Sunday night but it was pretty much impossible to knit while watching (and singing along and bopping to the beat) The Blues Brothers.  (Did I tell you I went to watch The Blues Brothers  with friends last weekend?  It was so much fun, I wanna do it again soon.  Maybe a different movie...)


 
It's week #26 of the Maple Tree scarf project.  It's getting long.  It's going to be warm.  Time to change greens again.

No comments: