Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm a Making Fool + Supper



I lined up all the things I'm making or made today and took their pictures. I lost my mind the o
ther day and cast on another Purse Stitch Scarf using one of the skeins of yarn I bought last Saturday. I knit a few rows just to see how the yarn looks and now I'll put it away. I will. Cross my heart.





I've been working s-l-o-w-l-y on the front of the Red Marl sweater. I had actual work this week at the dive shop so I kind of didn't get any knitting done there.





This is the third attempt to turn this one single skein of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick 'n Quick into a hat. This pattern will work or I'll light a fire in the back yard and melt/burn it. Or eat it. This is Crazy Aunt Purl's Brangelina Hat. I've made about 6 of them, maybe more, and I know this makes a good hat. I WILL get this hat made this week--or it's time for a barbecue.



The Helix Hat got a few rounds knitted on it at knitting guild last week but it too is suffering from my lack of ambition.





Speaking of knitting guild, the program at Thursday's meeting was seaming. We were to bring a pair of swatches and Pat taught us how to sew them together on the stockinette side and reverse. It's amazing to see; I sewed with white yarn and look at the seam on top. It disappeared. Pretty cool, eh?






This is week 6 of the Maple Tree Scarf. Yesterday's snow added a much-needed bit of white to break up the brown/black/green of the past no-snow days. I really like the way this looks so far. I'm excited to see how the greens look once leaves start to show.



For reasons unknown even to me, I signed up for a Block of the Month class (free!) on Craftsy.com last month. I printed out the basic supplies info and the patterns for the first 2 blocks but haven't had the time or inclination to begin. I did today. Instead of buying any fabric I'm using a bolt of natural muslin colored cotton that Mom had and all of the fat quarters and yardage that I've been collecting with
no idea of what to use it for. I must confess that neither of my blocks is all square and straight but I like them and I am not going to redo them. I like them the way they are, plus I'm sure I'll get better at it as the months pass so I'll be able to track my building skill whenever I look at the quilt.



I realized when I sat down to the lovely supper that Durwood made for us tonight that I'm always showing you what I'm making and seldom what he makes. So here it is: Chicken
Marsala, fresh asparagus, noodles. You're really sorry you weren't here to eat it; it was delicious. Thank you, Durwood, you're the best.

No comments: