Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Rainy Day

Not even a female cardinal could flash a little brightness today.  I woke up to the first drops of rain and it kept on raining for most of the day.  Ugh.






 
Last night at the caregivers support group I cast on a preemie hat and I finished it after supper.




 

This morning I worked on organizing some files into folders and then spent the afternoon sewing up one of the Dress No. 1s that I cut out a couple weeks ago.  I was pretty excited to get this one sewn.  I had wished for enough to make a whole dress but was glad to at least get a dress front out of it.


I add a stripe or two to the Two-Stripe Packer hat just about every day.  Or maybe I only think I do as this seems to not be getting bigger as quickly as I think it should.




May 9--Alfred Sisley, Church at Moret after the Rain.  Everything looked fresh after the rain.  Faith even enjoyed the rainbow sheen of oil floating on top of the puddles at the curb.  Hearing the rain during Mass she had been sorry not to have brought along her umbrella but by the time the priest intoned the benediction, sunlight was sending patches of colored light across the pews.  She thought that the people who put the stained glass windows in churches were very sneaky.  Even the least religious person would be lured inside by the beautiful colors.

Sorry for the brevity of today's post.  For some reason the gray rainy day put me into a fairly deep funk.  I'll try wearing something red tomorrow.  Maybe that'll help.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Today's dress is very clever. Background faces look like a painting and then the spattered pockets carry out the artist theme. Very artistic indeed. And it looks like that cardinal hated the rain too. But at least it's not snow!