Tuesday, May 29, 2018

All's Quiet

Today was a quiet day.  I didn't spend much time outside, didn't see any cool birds.  I did see a stray cat saunter through the backyard this morning and sent it on its way but that's it for wildlife.  Of course the chipmunks are ever-present and ever-frantic.  They usually zoom by too fast to be more than a striped brown blur on the edge of the frame.  I stopped at the garden center this afternoon for some coleus to plant in the four black cauldrons across the front of the house.  (the flag was a give-away from Sam's last week)  Soon these tiny plants will fill these pots and grow like mad all summer.


The only other thing I have to show is the cardi sleeve.  I love knitting on bigger needles with biggish yarn, only 4 rows to the inch, so progress is fairly rapid.  Even so I have to make time to work on it, it won't knit itself.


May 29--Mary Cassatt, Summertime.  The ducks that lived on the pond were demanding.  Anyone who went down to the water had better have some corn in their pocket.  If they didn't, their toes would get a sound pecking or their shoelaces would be untied.


And that was all I could think of to write last night.  I hope to do better tonight.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Well you were tired. After all your recent activity, you deserve a day of rest. Just showing up counts in my book!