Friday, February 2, 2018

No Degrees

When I went out this morning to top up the birdbath it was zero.  That's right, children, there were no degrees of heat to be found anywhere.  See?  No clouds to hold in the heat (what there is of it this time of year).  The wind didn't help either.  It stripped away any vestige of heat I took out with me faster than you can say Jack Robinson.  (does anyone know what that means?  I could google it but I'd just rather ask and then be in the dark about it...)

I got the van back this afternoon right around 5 o'clock.  My darling DS was available to trail me out to the airport to return the rental car and then take me back to get the van.  I really appreciated that.  I'm so glad to have the van back.  I can see out of all the windows without craning up to see out of the too-high windows.  How do they think that's safe?  I couldn't figure out a way to raise the seat either.  I would have if it'd been my real car but then I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Tonight at knitting I finished February Preemie Hat #1.  I'm determined to get back into the habit of cranking out four of them a month.  I need to knit for the greater good instead of just for me and mine.







Then I cast on a hat for my friend Lala.  She didn't ask, I offered and was lucky enough to find this yarn in the stash.  She admires a hat I knit for LC and luckily the pattern has adult sizing as well as baby and kid sizes.  I hope she likes it.

I didn't write last night.  By the time I tucked myself in I was just too pooped to scribble.  I barely managed my ankle flexes before conking off.  We're supposed to get a few inches of snow this weekend.  Oh goodie.  At least it usually warms up into the 20s when it snows.  That'll be a nice change.
--Barbara

2 comments:

SALLY DAY said...

I love my KIA, although I am very tall. I'm not a car person, but love the mossy green color. We're getting snow tomorrow, also, so I'm staying in and making some mushroom soup and muffins. My knitting mojo has flown==nothing done since Christmas and I just keep frogging all my starts. Love your pictures!

Aunt B said...

That phrase "warms up to the twenties" says it all. Endless winter. But glad you have your van back. We do get attached to those things, don't we? I still miss my blue SUV that I totaled a few years ago.