Sunday, February 18, 2018

Fun in the Snow

 




After my triumphant thrift store shopping experience, we went to lunch and then I went up to The Clearing grounds to snowshoe in the woods.  May I say that leaves under the snow don't support a snowshoe like all snow does.  It was kind of windy but less so in the woods and I kept stopping to uncover my fingers so I could take pictures.  My right hand got pretty darned cold but it sure was pretty.  Just as I was approaching the van to leave I had to dodge the branches of a bush and noticed that on the end of each twig was a swollen bud.  The hope of Spring in mid-winter.



In the evening I finished February Preemie Hat #5 and then worked on OJ's Wool-ish Mittens.  I'd have gotten both thumb gussets knitted except I decided I didn't like the way the first one turned out so I ripped it back and started that part over.  I like it better now.  I'll get to the second one tomorrow, I'm tired tonight from waking up too early and then packing and coming home because they're predicting an ice storm for late Monday into Tuesday and I just couldn't face driving home on icy roads.  Better come home early and be safe.  That's what happens when you get old.








February 18--Edgar Degas, Repetition d'un Ballet.  Margery and Doug settled into their seats just as the house lights dimmed.  Doug said, "You took so long getting ready that I don't have time to read the program."  Margery leaned over toward him.  "Did you want me to come to the ballet in my slip?"  "No," he said, "I want you to start getting ready earlier so we can get here on time."  "We are on time, they just started the overture.  You mean so we can get here half an hour early to stand around being pretentious with people you consider beneath you."  Doug opened his mouth to reply but the woman in front of him turned around with an angry look on her face and hissed, "Quiet."  He contented himself with kicking Margery in the ankle.  "Ouch."  "Shhhh."

I'm glad to be home and safe but sorry I didn't have a day of lolling and knitting.  Maybe I'll manage that tomorrow.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the colors in that preemie hat. Kinda like a really pretty scarf I bought on my shopping jaunt with Debbie Saturday. Glad you got home safe and sound. No sense driving on icy roads if you don't have to. Smart.