Friday, February 9, 2018

Here I Am Again...

... up too damned late.  But I don't get home from Friday Night Knitting until after 9 o'clock and it takes me some time to unwind.  Then I have to marshal my thoughts to assemble a blog post.  Sometimes thinking takes a whole lot of energy.

We did not get much snow overnight, maybe an inch of fluffy stuff that no one bothered to shovel.  Lala said they got about 4" in Milwaukee and I haven't heard how much Chicagoland got.  Maybe I haven't heard because they're buried in the cold white stuff...  I was a good girl and didn't go snowshoeing today.  I probably won't tomorrow but probably will on Sunday.  I saw my snowshoeing friend this evening and asked if she wants to go this weekend.  She said yes so I'll be in the park on Sunday tromping along with a friend.  Maybe she can find the geocache...


I made a spinach & onion omelet with (way too many) cherry tomatoes and feta cheese for breakfast this morning.  It wasn't really worth the effort.  I think I'd have liked it better with bell peppers and more onions and only a couple tomatoes, not all the tomatoes.  It was a little much.  I do wish toast didn't cost so many points.  I like a bit of toast with my eggs.  Maybe if I leave out the feta and sub in half of a light English muffin...


This evening I finished the hand part of LC's pink wool mitten #2.  Only have the thumb to go and then I can move on to finish Lala's hat and knit another preemie hat before Thursday's Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting where I plan to show them off.  And I have to remember that I switched snack nights with DW so I need to whip up some WW roasted red pepper hummus to take along.  I bought a bag of pita chips, a bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and a little bag of sugar snap peas for dipping and scooping.  I'd love to whip up a batch of brownies but I know if I did I'd eat too many and set my weight loss plans back.  I do enough rationalizing about food as it is, I don't need a pan of fudgy chocolate yumminess standing there staring at me and making the house smell like Hershey, PA.

February 9--Suzanne Valadon, Village de Saint-Bernard.  "Okay, I know this is awful but I can't help myself.  This town is going to the dogs."  Everyone in the car groaned.  Burt snorted a laugh at his own ridiculous pun.  He couldn't help it.  Yesterday's flight had slingshot them over about eight or nine time zones.  He'd slept some on the trans-Atlantic leg but he still felt a little woozy and sleep deprived.  Lee and the kids swore that they would help him stay alert and find the way to their villa but one by one they had fallen asleep.  An hour ago he pulled into a gas station and forced everyone out of the car.  He chased them around it three time before sending Cindy and Mark inside for caffeinated drinks and some snacks.  Here they were on the approach to the village of St. Bernard and all he thought of was a town filled with big shaggy dogs.

All right, in 25 minutes it'll be tomorrow.  I have to stop doing this to myself, especially since I suck at sleeping late.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You get a gold metal for faithfulness in the blogging department. When you're up late, I don't know how you can manage to pour out an interesting account of your day. And in spite of what you wrote, I hope you slept late this morning.