Tuesday, February 13, 2018

I Can't Be Taught...

...obviously I can't or I wouldn't still be up just starting to write this blog post at 10:48 PM.  When?  When will I learn to do this earlier in the evening so I can get to be at a reasonable hour?  Evidently never.

Today was an errand day.  I stopped at the bank, the clinic, the pharmacy (twice), the post office, the half-price card store, the optometrist to get my glasses adjusted, picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza, and went to the caregivers' group at the Aging & Disability Resource Center.  Oh, and I did 4 loads of laundry (none of it is folded or put away, only washed and dried).  I didn't cook (except for the pizza) but I did knit.


At tonight's meeting I cast on and knitted a bit on February Preemie Hat #5.  There were only 3 of us at the meeting so there was a lot more talking and a lot less listening so less knitting went on.  I like the colors of this yarn.


After the meeting I watched TV and finished knitting Lala's Shapka.  I like the way it turned out.  Naturally I made an obvious boo-boo about 6 rounds from the end so I had to frog back and then pick up the stitches and give it another go.  I hope she likes it.

February 13--Ferdinand Hodler, Etang Long Crans-Montana (Long Pond, Crans-Montana, Switzerland.  From the train window the scene looked like a rainbow had fallen to earth and spilled its colors.  The pond reflected the blue sky, the evergreens on the far side wore their shaggy dark green coats, and the iron-rich soil glowed red in the sunshine.  Ellie gasped when the train rounded a bend and a field of yellow flowers spread out before her.  "Dandelions," said the man across from her.  She thought of her small self, angry at Dad for sending her out to pluck off the dandelion heads to keep them from going to seed.  She had stood up to him, hands on hips, and said, "Dandelions are flowers too, Dad."  He had laughed but still sent her out to behead them all.

Okay, now it's just about 11 o'clock and if I hurry I can turn out the light in about 10 minutes.  Good night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

How you did all those errands and still managed FOUR loads of laundry is beyond belief. Plus the nightly blog. My hat's off to you -- even though I'm not wearing a cute one like the one you knitted for your friend. Happy Valentine's Day. Love You!!!