Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sunshine!

I love sunny days! Love 'em. I can tolerate the frigid temps as long as it's sunny. Pile on the woolies and get on with your day, that's my attitude.

Poor Jennifer. You need to eat some good rich chicken soup. Hmmm, maybe I'll get the fixings and make some today. Feel better soon.

January 12--Neroccio di Landi Madonna and Child. She had a look of exhausted distance on her face. I suppose all new mothers look like that most of the time. And she had the added burden of the whole virgin birth thing too. Can you imagine her telling her husband that she was pregnant, had never had sex, and, at least according to the nuns, was never going to have sex. No one ever wrote about old Joseph's reaction. I am certain that he did not just shrug and go back into his workshop to build a table. I suspect that there were quite a few heated discussions between them in the months leading up to the birth. Another thing is that Mary's always shown with pale skin and blond hair. Wrong! This was a Jewish woman. Why is she always painted to look like some Italian teenager? Again I'm writing about the painting itself instead of using it as a jumping off point. I'll get there one of these days.

See you in a few days wrapped head to toe in knitted things and layers of clothes.
--Barbara


No comments: