Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, Payday...

That's how Mr. & Mrs. Boss get me to work on Monday. It's payday. Yippee!

Did everyone have a nice weekend? I did. I spent some time with Mom, I made yummy shredded beef, the albino squirrel visited 2 days in a row, and I knitted. Oh, yes, and I wrote on my Herman story. A perfect weekend in the winter.

January 11--Camille Pissarro Chestnut Trees at Louveciennes. The gate looked like something a sea captain might have brought back from China. The red and gold pain glittered even in the gray midwinter light. There were letters painted in black on the gate. At least people said they were letters. They didn't look like any letters I'd ever seen. Country people walking past made the sign against the evil eye. They feared the dragon dogs and the faces carved around the edges. I liked them, they were different than anything else in the village and even as a child I chafed at the small-minded thinking of the place. Now that I am grown I have decided that one day I will return to Louveciennes in an automobile, no less, and buy that red brick house with the Chinese gate for myself.

Enjoy your day!
--Barbara

No comments: