Saturday, January 31, 2009

Milk is FABULOUS!!!!

Just came back from seeing the movie Milk with my parents....AWESOME! Such an inspiring and tragic story. I feel sadness at what Harvey Milk could have accomplished in this world at this time because the man was someone our world could have continued to grow and evolve with.

The First Time I Wore...

The first time I wore a wedding gown, it didn't feel right. I envisioned myself as the bride in the photo who modeled the dress, but what I saw in reality was something entirely different. The woman in the picture looked delicate and feminine. Looking back in the mirror was a little girl playing dress up. The dress got tucked away until the day of the wedding and even then it didn't look or feel right. I wanted to walk down the aisle and see my groom's eyes light up. I wanted him to take me in his arms as we danced together in front of our guests and have him tell me I was the most beautiful bride he had ever seen. Instead he looked scared.

The dress hangs in a closet of a house I no longer live in. I continued to play dress up everyday for as many years as he continued to look scared.

My heart still believes the next wedding dress I wear will feel and look different.

bleh....yuck...ick...but it's my post for the day.

No comments: