Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hump Day

It's the middle of the work week and we're now on the downward slide toward the weekend. Yay! I love weekends.

January 28--Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Confetti. It wasn't my idea of a party. Everyone was too dressed up, some of the women even had on hats and gloves. The man had on ties. I think ties look like they'd strangle you. And hot? It was like an oven in that place with all the doors and windows shut and all those poeple crammed in there. You'd think that the men would take off their jackets and loosen their collars but they didn't. You could plainly see the sweat beading on their foreheads and their faces turning red but did they loosen stuff up to get cooler? They did not. A few of them stepped outside on the balcony to smoke and you should have seen the steam rising off them. A couple of them looked like they were on fire. One of the ladies went out to smoke too but she didn't steam. I was disappointed, that would have been something to see.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Barbara,

The Confetti picture is a favorite of mine. The girl reminds me of the doodles that my mother would make in the margins of phone books when she was talking on the phone. They were almost all drawings of the heads of young girls. My sisters and brother and I would laugh at these drawings, but wish I had an example now as a keepsake.

The hands in the picture throwing the confetti are like looking at clouds. One reminds me of a pig, and another, an alligator. Do you suppose Henri Toulouse Lautrec had that in mind when he drew them?

David
Stow, OH