Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Haircut Day

It's so cold outside that if I went outside with wet hair I could just break it off. Bah. Now I'm going to spend the day with hair schnipples in my sweater and my shirt and my undershirt and my bra. That'll be itchy.

January 13--Egon Schiele Seated Woman with Bent Knee. She sits there looking young and old with her tousled red curls piled on her head and her head resting on her knee. She must be young for only a young woman would twist herself in such a knot. A woman with more years on her, more miles on her would sprawl rather than contort. Her slump hides any breasts she has. Young women are embarrassed by their budding breasts. They shun the attention those pert mounds bring. Women grow used to male eyes that flick, up-down-up, greet her eyes, check out the boobs, back to the eyes. It becomes commonplace, not an offence, not a compliment, just an under-evolved response to a stimulus that most men don't even try to overcome.

Bundle up! See you tomorrow.
--Barbara

No comments: