Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Beast Within....my Throat

Uggh...I am getting a cold. That feeling in your throat where it's a combination of a scratch and a tickle and junk just seems to drain. I hate it! And my cat, Shelby, demanded her breakfast starting at 2 am this morning (that's another animal story for the group sometime). I managed to ignore her until 4 am, but finally gave in. So here I sit.

Barbara, another great piece. I can imagine that using the art pieces to write is a fun challenge. I had to google the piece you wrote about yesterday and yikes, that was a scary work that Klimt painted. I don't think I would like to visit my aunt very often if she had that hanging in her house. Well done with the description of how you are situated in relation to the painting. That was the first thing I noticed. Imagine being a small child and having to see that painting?

Write About Bathing

To watch her bathe was perhaps one of the most sensual sites I have ever witnessed. I wanted to give her a moment of privacy, but it was impossible to turn away. Her movements were that of a dancer; limbs extended, completely absorbed in the moment, oblivious to time and her surroundings. "Why can't I be more like her?" I thought to myself. My ritual of bathing was relegated to the shower. A quick, get-it-over-with activity, in which I would stand below the warm spray of water, eyes barely opened from the previous night's sleep. My sudsy hands working quickly over my body; barely aware of any contact being made.

She, however, had this down to an art form. This wasn't a first task of the day activity for her. No, this was something she engaged in whenever the moment striked her fancy. One, two, maybe three times a day. She preferred to bathe after each meal. The look on her face was almost dreamy as she licked her paws and massaged them up and around her ears. I could not help but laugh softly whenever her efforts resulted in her ear being turned inside out. This would cause her to pause momentarily, look up at me with her paw in mid-air and a challenging expression on her face.

Ok...it needs some work, but it's early. See you all tonight!

Ps: Barbara - is anyone else out there?????

No comments: