Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Squaring Away


I'm trying to give myself a little break now that the Red Licorice sweater is finished. (Finished!) So I've been planting lilies, weeding and mulching the garden, and slowly knitting Sudoku squares. Only 50 to go! (Oh wait. Let's see--9 times 9 is, um, [oh, sh*t] 81. I have to knit 81 squares. Why did I think I only needed 54? Not that it really matters since there's no deadline on this throw and I like making these little squares [which, by the way, are closer to 6" than 5"] but 81 seems like a LOT more than 54. What a doofus I am.) Only 77 more to go!

1 comment:

rochard said...

Oh, gosh, I'm sitting here laughing. I even read the earlier posts and it didn't click that there are 81 squares in a sudoku, and I do those puzzles all the time.

I love the red sweater. You look great wearing it. Did you ever see the socks someone knit out of red licorice strips?