Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Monday!

Up and at 'em, people. Another week has arrived--and it's all downhill from here. Plus it's payday in the dive shop world. (That's a good thing.) I spent a couple hours at my desk over the weekend; didn't write a word. (Not so good.)

July 13 (Happy 27th, Ann!)--Write about a theft--It's a cliche, I know, but I felt violated when I realized that someone had rifled my office. What could they want? I had my laptop with me and none of the files I keep there have any sensitive or valuable information in them. As soon as I saw the mess I backed out of the office and called Security. I only called to follow company policy, not because I had any faith in the bumbling Leon's detective skills. Leon always called to mind an overweight Barney Fife with no Sheriff Taylor to keep him on track. I spent the rest of the day sorting and reorganizing and refiling. Nothing seemed to be missing. It was only as I was in the elevator on my way to my car that it occurred to me that perhaps the mess was made to cover up someone putting something into my office.

Have a day!
--Barbara

No comments: