Friday, July 11, 2008

Rainy Day = Good for Writing

I feel all energized and hopeful after last night's meeting. I hope you do too. Here's my prompt writing from last night:

July 10--Write about a postcard--How can you write what needs to be said on that little square of pasteboard? Once you write "Dear Mom" or whoever, you've used up at least a quarter of the space. Maybe we could make a rule that the address does double duty as the salutation. (I can't believe I remembered that word.) The picture on the reverse will tell the recipient where the postcard's from so there'd be no need to say stuff like "having a great time in Vladivostok" either. So maybe a simple "miss you" or even a friendly "I'm on vacation and you're at work" would suffice. And, let's be realistic here, how many people do they know who are vacationing in Marakesh? So unless you're sending the postcard from some ho-hum destination like Portland or Appleton, you don't really even need to sign the thing. Hmmm. I guess there is enough room on there after all.

Enjoy this rainy day and use at least part of it to write!
--Barbara

No comments: