Friday, July 18, 2008

two days and counting . . . baby steps

Check out this website: learningtoloveyoumore.com -- I'm officially smitten with it! Can you be smitten with a thing (as opposed to a person)? No matter, I am anyway.

Hmm, it's been rolling around in my head since last night that the twins Faith and Jessup and the twins Azrael and Sariel might come together in the same story. I'm not sure exactly how, but I'll sleep on it some more. In the meantime, thinking isn't writing, right Barbara? Even if nothing comes of it, I've got to put words to the ideas.

At the pound, Faith and Jessup wandered among the metal cages. The twins, though unshakable in their shared system of beliefs, varied in their pet aesthetics. While Faith cooed at scrawny kittens and shaggy lapdogs, Jessup barked at labs and panted at retrievers. Their mother followed carefully behind, clutching her collar closed with one hand and patting at her children's heads with the other. She stopped before a cage that was shared by two squirming forms and gasped. "Are those things children?" she asked.

No comments: