Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sweater Back Finis!


See? I said yesterday how much I enjoy making raglan sleeve openings because of the whole decreasing thing and here's proof. Yesterday afternoon after weeding, then cleaning up and going to Walmart, I sat on the couch and knit and dozed and knit, and by the time it was suppertime I had a sweater back. With breaks to make deviled eggs, coleslaw, and Jell-o with fruit in it for our picnic supper, of course. Pretty cool, huh? And the tab of even knitting at the top matches the tab of even knitting at the top of the sleeves. D'you think they planned that?

We went to the farmer's market this morning and got fresh mozz, round zucchini & baby patty pan squash, tomatoes, some small-ish onions we're going to put on the grill with the zucchini and country pork ribs tonight, beets to roast, kohlrabi (because we wanted something different; we still haven't figured out what we'll do with them, but I'm on it as soon as I post this) and of course 3 Crab Rangoons for $2 for breakfast. Mmm, fresh veggies are the best--and even better bought from the people who grow them.

No comments: