Friday, February 9, 2024

Zooming

Even though my Women's Spirit Zoom of the day didn't roll around until 2pm and ended before 4pm and my knitting Zoom went from 6pm to 9pm, it felt like I spent the whole day at the computer. I spent part of the morning reading comments from Novel Writing group (another Zoom but on Wednesday) on the computer and the rest of the time between Women's Spirit Zoom and supper finishing going through LL's critique of about two-thirds of my manuscript. A lot of computer-ing today. I saw a few Sparrows at the feeders with a few Mourning Doves mixed in and a squirrel meandered through but I didn't get any bird or squirrel pictures.


First thing after my shower I did Day 11's Mark Making. It was an interesting waste of acrylic ink. I poured some into Pyrex cups and then used a dowel, a stick, and a folded piece of cardboard to make marks on the pages. The bad thing was I didn't attempt to pour the ink back into the bottles because I figured I'd make a terrible mess and I didn't think until just now that I could have used the dropper on the red and yellow ink to get it back into the bottles. The dropper of the green ink is defective and doesn't suck up ink. So I washed it all down the drain.



Then I pulled out my watercolors and Watercolor the Easy Way: Flowers and painted a carnation, following the step by step instructions. I really like the way it turned out. Maybe I'll paint another flower tomorrow.


My gratitude journal page for today is kind of dull looking. I didn't put anything bright and cheerful on the page so I have no one to blame but myself. And I neglected to alternate sides with the pictures and words--again--so it doesn't have a pleasing symmetry either. Sheesh.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I worked on the Cashmere Sophie scarf. I'm working on the third color and it's going pretty well. I added it on Monday and it seems like I'm making good progress.


It wasn't particularly cold today--43 degrees--but it sure was windy. I stayed indoors. Of course I did, I was on the computer most of the day.

--Barbara

No comments: