Sunday, February 25, 2024

Too Busy

Today I was too busy to spend time watching for birds at the feeders or squirrels getting a drink and taking pictures of them. I got to spend most of the day with LC and OJ. We returned a stack of books to the library, delivered Girl Scout cookies to one of my knitting friends and all of the residents at her apartment complex who ordered from LC, went to the Zoo to feed the giraffes and have lunch, went to a park for an hour of play, and finally came back here for snacks and some quiet reading time.


Mark Making today was Birds. Neither of these birds really pleases me although OJ said "nice" when he peered over my shoulder when I was drawing so maybe they aren't as bad as I think they are. Or maybe he was just being nice to his grandmother.



After supper I pulled out my first daily drawing prompt book that I never finished and plunged back in. This far into it the author assumes a level of competence that I don't achieve but I'll give it a try. I quit drawing in it last year when I felt like I'd make a hash of the remaining prompts. I guess I'm feeling braver.


Last night I finished the fourth ball of yarn on the Cashmere Sophie scarf and tonight I added on the fifth ball of yarn and knitted the first decrease repeat. From now on every eighth row it will get one stitch shorter. It'll take quite a while to get back down to however many stitches are enough to bind off and call it done but I'm on the downhill side of the project.


I also listened to/read a chapter in my new writing book. What I heard today did not contribute to my understanding of what she's talking about. I have high hopes that as she finishes the overview and digs deeper into each feature of the method I'll suddenly understand what I'm supposed to do to ramp up my story. Fingers crossed.

I'm so excited. Tuesday I get to log onto The Clearing website and sign up for a watercolor class in May. Then on Thursday I get to log onto the site again and sign up for the Women's Writing Retreat at the end of September. This is what I save up for every year.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

It's so nice to have The Clearing and your two sessions up there to look forward to. How wonderful that you discovered that place all those years ago.