Sunday, February 18, 2024

Procrastination

That was my morning. I slept until 8:30am, had breakfast (not rushing), spent 1 1/2 hrs. watching CBS Sunday Morning that I DVR'd, then I got dressed and prepared to tackle my manuscript. After 11am. *sigh* Soon it was lunchtime. I gave myself an hour to eat and goof off (more) then I buckled down and worked my way through the rest of the manuscript. I added a scene about one of the guests but from Rose's point of view, ramped up some of the hurricane damage, but didn't add any more Calvin scenes because there was plenty of him in the last third of the story. I gave Rose a few more doubts about her ability to afford to pay Geneva and to repair the storm damage. I'll give myself a few days to decompress and finish critiquing the two Novel Writing submissions that came in this weekend and get back to the manuscript on Thursday.

During my lunch break I bit the bullet and did the last (thank heavens!) collage. She called it an abstract collage and encouraged us to use the off cuts from our previous 3 collages. I laid it out, glued the pieces down, and called it done. When I was about halfway done gluing the pieces I realized that I'd used up a whole glue stick because I got out a new one when the whole collage thing started. Good thing I had a four-pack.


The only other thing I did today was do my gratitude journal page after supper. I hadn't seen any birds or squirrels, there wasn't a pretty sunset, so I was reduced to being thankful that today's was the last collage, that I had all day to work on my manuscript, that I made a fried egg sandwich for supper, and that it was partly sunny today. I made do with what I had today.


The only other thing of note I did today was take a shower after supper and after journaling. I am so slow in the mornings. Not only do I wake up late but I putz around on my phone and the computer so much that it's nearly 11am by the time I get in the shower. Not that it matters, I have nowhere to be most days, but I thought it'd be nice to be clean and just have to get dressed in all clean clothes tomorrow morning. Well, late morning. Then I can go over to Michaels and see what I can spend my expiring voucher on. More art supplies!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Isn't it nice to be able to just putz around all morning if you want to? I certainly do it almost every day.