Sunday, February 4, 2024

Bye, DD!

This morning we awoke to a world swathed in fog. Not too dense fog, but fog nevertheless. Still DD had to pack up and head home. She texted me about 8 hours later to say that she got home safely, which means she didn't get caught in much traffic or get stalled behind a flatbed semi hauling lumber that caught on fire. !!! And Alexa gave me a notification that the US Weather Service has issued a fog warning from this evening until noon tomorrow. Sheesh. See the air is warm-ish and the remaining snow and ground are cold-ish, that makes fog. We've had a lot of it this year.


The Red-bellied Woodpecker found the full suet pellets feeder but still landed on it sideways and pecked away at the bottom of it. Later in the day I saw it had returned and was more upright but I wasn't fast enough with the camera. I do love seeing that bird.



Two Nuthatches showed up this afternoon when it was sunny. I caught this one on the suet pellets feeder. This is another of my favorite birds to see. I like the sleek lines of its silhouette and the way it spends a lot of time with its head pointing down and its tail above it.


I had a lot to be grateful for today. First I filled a page with these things...



... and then I remembered other things I wanted to list so I made another gratitude page for today. I think that's the first time I had more gratitude than would fit on one page. And still I almost forgot that today was a pajama day so I had to squeeze it in on the side.


 

Mark Making Day 6 today was Scribbles using Wet and Dry media. First we used inks and used the droppers in the bottles to apply them to the paper (the middle sheet). Then it was watercolor's turn (the one on the right). Finally I used alcohol markers to scribble on the third page (on the left). She used colored pencils but I wanted to use my markers. So I did.



The fog stayed away until the sun went down so I was able to poke the camera out the front door and take a picture of the sun sinking behind the neighbor's house. It's staying light later and later. Yay!


I wasn't in the mood to knit this afternoon and neither of the remaining Novel Writing group members submitted their pages for critique, so I cued up my audiobook and pulled out Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers, which is by the artist that is teaching Mark Making, and drew a few flowers just for fun.


It was quite luxurious to stay in my pajamas, aka lounge wear, all day. I waited until the evening to take a shower so now I feel luxurious and clean. 

Oh, I won't be able to blog tomorrow night. I won't be home. Talk to you on Tuesday.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Love those lazy day Sundays. So nice to just loll around and not have to do anything. No wonder you had to use two pages in your Gratitude Journal. Glad DD got home safely. She was noble to make that long trip and I know it meant a lot to you.