Saturday, February 10, 2024

Blue Sky

The temperature dropped overnight and it barely got above freezing today but in exchange we got blue sky for at least half of the day. In the afternoon it clouded over and went back to dreary but for a while there it was sunny and blue.



Mark making today was called "textile" drawings. The first paper is a series of lines in opposite directions that ends up looking like ribbons woven together. I kind of like it. The second one is lines radiating out from the center of two crossed pencil lines. I guess I like it. I keep waiting for her to say to draw something other than marks on the page but I guess since the class is called Mark Making that's not going to happen. This artist seems more into abstract shapes and designs rather than representational things.


Then I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish and actually drew a jellyfish along with a pufferfish, a ray, and a sea anemone. They're not bad.



I struggled to think of what to write and draw on my gratitude page today. I saw a Mourning Dove on top of the crook but didn't get a picture and it was sock washing day so I had two things. Then I decided that I was grateful for drawing and listening to an audiobook which was what I did for most of the afternoon.


I did get a picture of the squirrel getting a drink. It contemplated leaping onto the suet cakes feeder but gave up and scampered off. A few Sparrows showed up but landed on the step or under the grill. Not places where I could take pictures.


This was one of those days where I did a few of my regular things and then lolled around the rest of the day. That's one good thing about being retired, I get to do what I want or not do anything and nobody complains. I took my taxes in to the accountant on Tuesday and got a call this evening that they're done. Already. I'll go pick them up on Monday and maybe even be getting a refund.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love that bright blue sky. We've had beautiful weather down here the past few days. Lots of bright blue sky. Nice to see you got some too!