Thursday, February 1, 2024

Foggy Morning

The fog was so thick and heavy this morning that it looked like it had snowed a bit overnight but it was just extra-frosty on the grass. A whole flock of Sparrows and Mourning Doves were pecking around under the feeder like crazy. A few Sparrows fly up to the perches on the tube feeder and they're in charge of throwing seed down to the masses below.



Now that I rediscovered my Gratitude Journal I'll try to remember to fill in a page every day or so. Today I was happy when the sun shone and not so happy when it went away. I got to pick up LC & OJ from school this afternoon and of course that's when the sun went behind the clouds and the north wind picked up so I pulled up my hood and turned my back to the wind. It helped.


Day 3 of Mark Making on Creativebug was zigzags two ways. I'm not sure what we're going to do with all these marks but I hope that the whole 30 days isn't just filling pages like I've done the last three days.



Instead of using regular colored pencils I've been using these short fat colored pencils to make my marks. The lines they make are thicker so I don't have to take forever to fill a page. I suspect that I don't have the correct attitude about it.


To kill time while I waited for DD to arrive I got out 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly and drew three birds--a cardinal, a swan, and a pheasant. I can't pick a favorite, I like them all.


Two of the four remaining Novel Writing group submissions came today. Hooray! So I spent some time at the laptop reading and rereading and putting my comments on them. Only two more to go!

DD arrived! Only three hours late! She got caught in traffic twice and was delayed behind a flatbed semi hauling lumber that caught on fire. But she made it safely, she's just tired.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

It was definitely birdland in your backyard yesterday. So glad DD is there. She is a brave girl to make it through all those difficulties on the road. Thinking of you twice as much as usual today. Hope this will be the end of your health "adventure".