Monday, February 12, 2024

Many Birds at Once

I filled the feeders yesterday afternoon and it didn't take long for the birds to get the word. I looked out this morning and there was a Mourning Dove on the platform feeder plowing through the safflower seed, tossing some over the side to the Doves on the ground. There were four Sparrows on the round feeder perches and one male House Finch waiting on the round feeder's hanger for the Dove to move along.



Pretty soon they were all gone except for the House Finch pair sedately pecking away at the safflower seeds. They don't throw seed around like some birds.


Mark Making today was called Connected Abstract Shape Drawing. I like it. It was fun to draw. Naturally I started out copying what she was drawing but then I was drawing the shapes bigger than she was so I had to veer off into my own ideas of what to put where.



Late in the day I filled in my gratitude journal page. The one I was happiest about was the sunshine that showed up this afternoon. It got up to 45 degrees and it wasn't windy so it didn't feel much colder and the sun was shining. Hooray!


After supper I couldn't resist the temptation to get out Watercolor the Easy Way: Flowers and my paints. I skipped the cherry blossoms which was the next page in the book in favor of painting coneflowers. I was scrolling through The Clearing summer program catalog figuring out when the spring watercolor class will be (May 19-25) so I can register on Feb. 27th and that put painting in my mind again. This isn't too bad. It's a little messy but I kind of like it.


I went to pick up my taxes this morning and discovered that I'm getting a small refund. Yay! Then I went to the pharmacy to pick up a couple Rxs and tried to get a Covid booster which I didn't get in the fall because I felt like crap. Not only did Medicare and my supplemental insurance say they wouldn't cover it (because I've been getting the Moderna shots and all they have is Pfizer) so I offered to pay for it. Then when I was filling out the form to get the shot, one of the questions asked if you've had a blood transfusion and I had to mark "yes" for the first time. The pharmacist said I have to wait two more months because you have to wait three months after a blood transfusion. *sigh*

I got a text from DIL1 that she had an afternoon meeting and was afraid that she'd be late doing the school pickup run and asking could I do it. You bet! So I got to go pick up my beloved grandchildren and take them to their home where their mama arrived in just a few minutes. I treasure even that little time with them.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Lucky you -- getting a refund from Uncle Sam. I'm surprised you didn't head straight to Michael's or Hobby Lobby. But maybe it will pay for your session at The Clearing. Nice to have that to look forward to. Too bad about the Covid shot. All in good time.