Monday, February 26, 2024

Almost

I almost got scammed today. I dialed a phone number from an email and didn't look up the right number on my own. I know better than that but I did it and came within a hair's breadth of losing my savings. I thought I was smarter than that. But I kept the scammer on the line, drove to the bank, and told a banker what was happening. The scammer was furious but I hung up on him and the banker guided me through changing my bank password and opened a new account. He also advised me to unplug my computer when I got home and take it in to be cleaned of spyware and malware. So I won't be blogging for a few days until my laptop is safe to use. I'm on an ancient tablet with a keyboard right now but it isn't something I can easily use to blog. It's a pain. It keeps highlighting everything and then it disappears. Frustrating.

Anyway, I'm fine, my money is fine, and my laptop will be fine and squeaky clean in a few days. Take care and I'll talk to you later this week, I hope.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

EEEEKKKK!! Thank goodness your were able to thwart the scammer! But what a rigmarole to have to make all those changes. At least all ended well.