Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I Meant To Start Another Sukoku Strip

Really I did, but when I was leaving for my car appointment I grabbed the sock project bag instead and, well, cast on Anklet #4 while I waited.  Then I spent most of the rest of the day and evening on the couch knitting.  I have no excuse.  I'm intrigued by knitting my way back to the black end of this ball of yarn, I can't stop.

 
I liked the sky yesterday morning.  It's really disappointing when I open the curtain and it's gray and overcast like it was today.  Just a little peek of sunshine really starts my day off right.



In between bouts of knitting and ankle icing I whipped up a batch of Scrambled Egg Muffins for Durwood.  He spent time with the lemon squeezer wringing every last drop of water he could out of the thawed chopped spinach so they hopefully won't be as watery when he reheats them.  They sure smell good.  (Sorry they look odd, I got them wrapped in the pink Reynolds Wrap before remembering to take their picture.)



Look what came in today's newspaper--a sample ballot.  I am so glad that I went down to the Clerk of Courts office last week and voted early.  So glad.  I can't bear to look at the returns tonight.  I plan to be surprised tomorrow.  Pleasantly, I hope.

November 8--Scott T. Smith, Water Fountain Toddler.  The little girl had the right idea.  She knew how to turn the knob to make the water arch out but when she leaned to take a drink she let go and the water stopped.  Her brow would furrow and you could see her thinking the problem through.  She tried again and again with the same result.  An older boy came up and drank from the next fountain.  She watched him with sharp focus and tried once again.  That time she got it right.  She kept the water flowing and got her drink.  She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and walked away with a look of satisfaction on her face.

BTW, the roast last night was perfect, tender and juicy and very flavorful, especially for a crockpot dish.  I find that things tend to acquire a sameness when they sit and cook together all day.  The Balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce probably helped. We both overate but there's plenty of leftovers, we'll get it right next time.  That'll be tomorrow.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Words fail me today. Cannot believe the outcome of the election. What's next???