Saturday, November 26, 2016

Barely Bigger Than A Quarter

I decided to branch out with a different pattern yesterday, kind of freestyling the mouse and hedgehog for the Mitten animal herd.  I found patterns on A Bag Full of Crochet blog for them and started there.  I made the mouse a bit longer than the pattern directs and I made the hedgehog a lot bigger than the pattern says, using bigger yarn and a bigger hook so it didn't turn out jelly bean sized.  So now I have five of the Mitten animals done.  I still don't have a rabbit pattern I'm happy with but I can leave that one for last.  Here's a family photo with a quarter in the middle for scale.  I think I'll work on the bear next, it'll be the biggest animal, then I'll get an idea of how big to make the white mitten for them all to "live" in.






I feel like I'm nearly back to my old self.  I did yoga this morning for the first time in over a week and it felt great.  I'm hoping that soon I'll stop coughing myself awake at least once a night. Fingers crossed.

November 26--Prophet.  Yellow orange light filled the arched doorway at the end of the brick passage.  Large gray blocks lined the opening and a man in long robes was silhouetted there.  Sharon thought the whole things was just too predictable.  When a breeze rose behind the figure to ruffle his robes she spurted out a laugh then clamped her hand over her mouth.  The figure moved toward her.  "Oh, come on, Sharon, can't you maintain character for one scene?"  Off to her left a tired voice said, "Cut" and she heard Clint's shoe scuff on the stone floor as he stood.

Look!  Writing!  See?  A sign that I am indeed getting back to normal or at least I'm feeling well enough to pretend to be normal, although I am going back to the stock photos as prompts.  They just feel more right.  I'm off to ice my ankle since it still aches from the adjustment yesterday and I'll see about starting the Mitten Bear.  Toodle-oo.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Those tiny creatures are just too cute. So glad to read that you're returning to normal -- even if it's "pretend normal". That counts as a big step in the right direction.