Monday, January 14, 2013

Now The Universe Is Back On Track

Now that I'm blogging in the early light, I feel more normal.  Well, as normal as I ever feel since Durwood stopped traveling and came home to stay.  Hey, I talk a good "I embrace change" game but I know that I'm really, really change resistant.  I have to be dragged kicking and screaming away from my comfy rut.  No, really.  We were almost to Fargo, ND in August before I had talked myself into the idea that driving all that way for all that long was really a good idea and I didn't want to turn around to rabbit back into my little cave.  *sigh*  What is wrong with me?  It's been nigh onto 5 years that he's been actually retired (as in not working at all) and home all the time, you'd think I would have stopped whining about the good old days when he went away and then came back on the weekend, wouldn't you?  Nope.  I still moon around when I'm in a funk about the constant presence of Durwood in the other room.  Actually he's usually sitting in one place so I should be able to just work around him, but nope it's like there's a woolly mammoth sitting there instead of one fairly small and decidedly charming man who does all the food-related work.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?  I don't know.  D'you think I could get some brain training to get over this?  Electro-shock?  I'm tired of myself.  


I did kind of okay at sticking to my eating plan last week but totally sucky at exercising.  It's cold and dreary so it's hard to muster up enthusiasm for getting out there or on the exercycle or on the Wii mat thingy but I'm going to keep hoping to do better.  Maybe this week, or even ONE DAY this week, I'll work up a sweat, even just a little.  See, the thing is that in my mind I'm svelte, I feel young and fit and a whole lot thinner, then I catch sight of myself in a mirror or reflected in a window and I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, at the sheer acreage of me.  Oh, and I'm getting a little more gray hair, there's even a little clump of them at my right temple.  I'm kind of excited about it.  It'll show people that I don't dye my hair, that I wear my youthful looks honestly.  Nutsy, I know, but hey, I like that part of me.  (that's one)  (ooh, there was just a Papa Murphy's pizza commercial on Durwood's TV, mmm, pizza--no, Barbara, no pizza)  Today's Photo a Day theme is "something yellow" so here're the bananas in their basket.  Aren't they cheerful looking?

January 14--Miss Anne Fogarty, Ensemble.  Leah opened the box and gasped.  No one else was in the room so no one would expect her to wear the... the abominable things.  When Arturo told her that he was sending her a gift she was thrilled and excited.  Arturo, well, Arthur really, had grown up in the same small town she had.  They had gone all through school together.  Then Leah had come to the city to work in publishing and Arthur had gone off to design school.  He had changed his name to one that he said sounded more "designer-y."  They had seen each other for the first time in years last month at an industry party and it had been like they'd never been apart.

Tsk, set-up and no action, Barbara.  What were you thinking?  I need to stop trying to figure out how to work the actual thing I'm looking at into the prompt writing and just plunge into the middle of the action.  How long does it take to learn that?  Decades? Centuries?  Eons?  Bah.  Okay, it's payday and workday and I have a tank to drop off at Van's on my way across town so... See ya!
--Barbara

No comments: