Friday, January 14, 2011

More Snowshoeing!


Dusty and I were going to walk on the river trail this morning but the snow isn't cleared off, but I had tucked John's snowshoes into my trunk so we stayed there and Dusty tried them for the first time. It takes some time to build up endurance, but it isn't hard to walk in them, you just have to point your toes straight. We took turns and then went over near a part of the East River Trail that is cleared and found a geocache, our first but definitely not our last. She got a GPS app for her iPhone which works great. It's good to have a playmate who is willing to go along with my crackbrained ideas.

January 13--Cote d'Ivoire, Face Mask. Ellen could feel it watching her. She loved being in Uncle Reggie's library with the shelves of books that reached the ceiling and the deep chairs perfect for reading, but she hated the mask that hung in a lighted niche under the balcony. Only once had she gone close to look at it. It was carved out of some kind of African wood and hung with animal horns and claws. Feathers came out of the top and some kind of dried yellow fibers made the hair. It hung long and thick, she was sure it was home to a million spiders, and she was convinced the mask's eyes followed her no matter where in the room she went.

There's more, I know there is, I just can't find it. I sure wish the writing fairy would come back.
--Barbara


1 comment:

Susan Marlene said...

Oh Barbara you are a brave soul! I for one love the warmth of the inside! You are amazing!! :)