Friday, January 28, 2011

Forgot My Notebook

so I didn't have the chance to post until just now. I left work at 5, came home, ate real quick, and then went to Friday Night Knitting Circle. I know you were worried all day that something had happened to me but I was just busy. Dusty and I went walking this morning on the trail that winds through the factories by her house and Baird's Creek. There had to be 30 mallards on the open part of the creek and we stood on a bridge watching them slide down a little rapids. I wish I had taken the camera. Then we went back over behind Riverside Ballroom to see if we could find the log for the geocache we found a couple weeks ago. I slid down the bank and landed on my keester right next to the tree so while I was down there I shoved my arm into the big hole at the base of the tree to see if it was in there somewhere. It wasn't, but I was waiting to touch something furry, I can tell you. When I got to work I checked on the site to find that the container with the log in it keeps disappearing. That means we found our first cache! Woohoo! We can't wait until the weather warms up and we can go find more. And Dusty has a metal detector so we're going to do that this summer too. We're determined not to sit on our butts and rot until we absolutely have to.

January 27--Paul Gauguin, Ia Orana Maria. The path was smooth under her feet. She was grateful because it had been a long time since she had walked outside barefoot. Being released from her restrictive Western clothing felt good too. She felt like she could draw a full breath. Her work was better too, she was sure of it. The brush fitted her grip and the paint went where she wanted it to--and stayed there. She combed out her hair and braided it to hang down her back. As the days and weeks passed she felt the constraints of civilization melt away and the lassitude of the islands take its place.

I would like to go someplace where I could take off my regular life for a few weeks. Sleep well.

No comments: