Sunday, August 26, 2007

Twilight Zone (or at least the suburbs of it)

David & Ann, there was something I meant to tell you guys when we spoke this morning but forgot. Here it is--Dad reminded me to get a couple lottery tickets when I was out and about on Friday. I did and when I put them in the clip on the fridge I noticed that on both of them the Powerball was 19. Drat. We figure that lowers our odds of getting a winner, so when I was at Copps yesterday getting groceries I stopped at the service desk and asked for a quick pick with any other Powerball but 19. The young lady behind the counter punched the machine, looked at the ticket and then at me in fear or shock. I thought she was joking with me--then I looked at the ticket. Yep, 19 again. Guess what the Powerball was in last night's drawing. 19! We had two additional matching numbers on one ticket but only the Powerball on the other two. Not the giant millions but kind of weird and freaky, don't you think?

3 comments:

Psyche said...

That is kind of freaky! And I'm glad you said something--I had bought a ticket but I forgot to check the numbers, and it turns out I matched three (not the powerball). That's $7, baby! I'm rich!

Love,
Ann

Julie said...

Very strange!

Barbara said...

Woohoo! Don't spend all your winnings on yarn. Oh, go ahead, live large.

Love, Mom