Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fishies, some Sweater & a Dishcloth


I decided this week to give in to my love of variegated yarns and fill in with solids later. I confess, I bought 2 more skeins of Red Heart Strata on Sunday. I'm a sucker for the colors. Cool, huh?

I got through the first pattern section of my crocheted sweater. The next row will start the pattern above the flat sections to make it look like basketweav
e. It's slow going when I have so many other projects in progress, but with my short attention span I need lots to keep me occupied.



Mom stopped over yesterday afternoon bearing yarn-gifts! She saw a star-shaped dishcloth pattern in a catalo
g that had gazillions of colors of SnC and fell prey to the "free pattern with yarn purchase" lure. She picked out a couple of skeins and got the package the other day. She very nicely brought it to me. Good ol' Mom, so generous, so selfless. Hmmm, funny that the pattern will make 2 cloths per skein. Could it be that she was hoping to trick me into crocheting the cloths and then I would keep one for me and give one to her? Mwah-ha-ha, Mom, not so fast! You can't trick me. I was planning to give you one of each anyway. So there. *ahem* I'm okay. Cute dishcloth, though, and very quick.

3 comments:

Aunt B said...

Hi Barb - I love keeping up with your knitting and crocheting projects AND with David and Abbi's adventure in CA! When I pull up your blog, I then go to the kids'. It's so much fun to "visit" with you and with them on this blog thing!!
Love - Aunt B

Psyche said...

Your sweater progress is impressive! I just got my sweater yarn today, and I'm eager to get started.

That Grandma--she knows how to gift! I've fallen prey to the "free with purchase" lure, myself. It's how I got the pattern for the growing market bag (now frogged). And that's a very cute cloth.

Love,
Ann

Julie said...

I love that star shaped cloth! Must have it.