Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Cutest Baby Hat


Some long-time dive shop customers have been trying to have a baby for the last few years and on Thursday we got a birth announcement. Welcome to the world, Gabrielle Katherine! I thought she needed a hat, so I crocheted her one. Now I have to figure out a time I can go and take it to her. Actually the hat is just an excuse to go smell that new baby smell and get to snuggle her for a minute or two, everyone knows that's the only reason you give baby gifts.

I was looking for something quick and satisfying to make earlier this week so I cast on a K
en's Dulaan Hat, a Yarn Harlot pattern. It's only 32 stitches on size 17 needles and is laughably easy, even for a beginner. I felt very smug and accomplished until I came to the part about making an I-cord. I looked it up on the internet and just got confused. Anyone able to explain it to me? Help! Maybe I'll take some knitting lessons in the fall.

I made 3 fish this week but the picture I took was awful. I'll try again tomorrow. I keep finding more variegated yarns to "fish" with. This has got to stop. And I am not making fish with the Noro I got at 40% off from Monterey Yarns. Don't know what I'll do with it but not fish.

1 comment:

Psyche said...

That hat is adorable. And I'm sure the new baby is, too.

I haven't made I-cord, but I bet Patti can show you. She seems like a great resource.

Love,
Ann