Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day 11--Whining and Word Count

All I have to say is this crisis of motivation I'm having better get over soon. I'm cranky and not much fun to be around even for myself. Good for you, Bob! I'm glad things started to click for you today, but if having Jenny buy you cream soda is what does it, I'm lost. I don't really like cream soda. Do you think it works with any other kind of soda?

I hit the word count today only by counting the hundred or so words of a complaining rant that I typed after giving up on making any more sense of what I was supposed to be writing.

Line of the day:
She wondered what kind of tippers the bikers were as she walked back down past them, a coffee pot in each hand, filling their mugs. She was amazed to hear them discussing T-bills, emerging market funds, and Impressionist Art, in addition to cams and chrome wheels. Fay knew for a fact that most bikers would not know an Impressionist painting if it was tattooed on their arm. But then she was not sure she would recognize one if it bit her on the ass either.

Daily total: 1631 words
Running total: 21,244 words (almost halfway! that makes me feel that there's a little light at the end of the tunnel. whew!)

--Barbara

No comments: