Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 14 - Doing all right

Well, folks, this is the close of week 2. Tomorrow we begin our third week of this insanity.

I have managed to find time to write a little despite the fact that I have been crazy busy trying to get school and work figured out as well as finish my sister's video and such. (Read: drink with friends.)

I thought today was going to be rough, but it turned out to flow surprisingly well. When I was around 1000 words for the day, I thought I would barely squeak by with 1613 or so. Instead, the scene grabbed me and I finished with a good starting place for tomorrow.

Favorite part from today:

The cop looked up at me after he finished writing. He had used up many of the pages in his little pocket notebook. “Well, I am going to have to do some paperwork on all of this, but I think that with the witness statement, you should be good to go. No additional charges, anyway.” He put his pen and notebook back into his pocket and waved me closer.

I did not trust the guy, but figured that it would only hurt my case not to comply, so I moved toward the bars, put one hand on them and then rested my forehead on my hand.

“I have got to ask you, are you the one here for the pictures of the mayor’s daughter?”

I paused, deciding if this was a trap. “What pictures?” I changed my face into a hard, stony expression.

The cop sneered a little, then turned around and walked out. He called over his shoulder as he shut the door, “Thanks for the extra paperwork, asshole.”


Today's word total: 2045
Overall word total: 29817

Where is everyone? Jenny and Bob, are you alive? Hope everything is still going well.

Jenny, I think you need to read the card for today several times. I love Aimee Bender!

Barbara, that's some great stuff. Keep it coming. I love the Barney Fife reference.

Oh, and mine is starting to look like a real plot line now and not just smut and gore. (Though there is plenty of both.)

No comments: