Friday, August 17, 2007

Well, I'll Be... & Last Night's Word Count

Well, Bob, you saying that your writing feels like free-falling all the time is a revelation. My writing usually feels like I'm squeezing the words out through a very narrow opening, but when I NaNoWriMo I feel like the opening is gaping at least half-again as wide so the words can tumble out easier and with a whole lot less mental hand-wringing. Interesting how we perceive our processes.

Adam, what you read us last night sounded so much more human than the earlier pieces. Now I think Simon has a chance to flesh out into the character you imagined. I'm liking it more and more, although I have to agree, the AIDS girl's dialogue was very backstory-ish. Don't see how you can change that unless you start a new chapter with her POV.

Oh, Miriam and her universe! Jenny, what a brilliant original idea. How can you not want to plunge into writing to find out what happens? I'm on the edge of my seat and have only heard the tiny pieces you have read to us. More, please! I want to see in every room of that museum.

Last night at The Attic I got barely over 1000 words (and no popsicles in sight), but fired up the laptop when I got home and crept just over the goal count before I had to quit to hit the sack. Thanks for laughing at Officer Bates; he cracks me up.

Daily total: 1676 words.
Running total: 29,856 words (ooh, so close!)

More later after I write today's slice of genius *cough*,
Barbara

No comments: