Friday, August 24, 2007

You Really Got Me

The paper people are dieing. Oh, Jenny, this is the very last thing I wanted to read. I don't know. Let them perhaps comfort each other by having them read the stories that appear on their paper bodies, written by an unseen hand. Or something. (I don't mean to take this so personally or be maudlin about it, but it has hit me deep...)

New stuff:
"Tell me about Arcturus," Stewart said. "What's it like?"
Eva shifted onto her side, arm bent under her hair. "It's like here," she said. "The good parts."
"We still have some good parts."
"You do."
"Cities?"
"We have cities."
"Big cities?"
"Yes, but not too big," she answered. "There's none of this go, go, go business that you have."

"We have a lot of that."
Eva laughed, covering her face. "That's why were here," she said. "To get you past all that."
Stewart brushed her hair aside and behind her ear. "On behalf of the planet; on behalf of all of us here, I thank you." A kiss. "I thank you."

Bob

No comments: