Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day 15 - We must have a psychic link

I did the same thing you did today, Barbara. I couldn't get myself to write until about an hour ago. I managed to convince myself that 1000 words would suffice, and then I could go to bed. Then the story pulled me along, and I was unable to unglue my fingers from the keyboard until I had hit just over the word quota.

I just pulled off 1626 words in 45 minutes. Yep, Bob is right. However, National Word Writing Month (NaWoWriMo) doesn't have the same ring to it. Plus it won't impress the ladies in the bar like National NOVEL Writing Month, which makes us all seem like we're achieving some level of fame. Regardless of the correctness of Bob's statement, I can't second the motion to make it NaWoWriMo instead. (Besides, try saying that 10 times fast and not feel like a 2 year-old with a speech impediment.)

My novel has followed pretty much the path that I envisioned from the beginning, but Simon is different than the original idea. He is a little more like the character from "Repentance" than I originally wanted. He's still a slimeball, but now he's a (maybe) justified and even slightly likable slimeball.
Or, maybe not really likable at all... Anyway, he's different.

Today's word count: 1626
Overall word count: 31443

Bob? Jenny? Hello? Marco!

Barbara, brilliant work. I predict great things. And you still have the greatest potential reader base. I will probably only get goth teenagers and disturbed men to read mine.

No comments: