Sunday, September 27, 2026

Still Long

My day at the Book Fair was the same length as yesterday but passed much faster because I sold 8 books, swapped 1 with the author at the next booth, and included a copy of the novella with the purchase of the entire Seaview Series, so I came home with 10 fewer books than I started the day with. Woohoo!

 


It surprised me when I turned on the fairy lights around my poster this morning that they lit up just as brightly as they had yesterday and faded through the day to be almost out by quitting time. I doubt whether they'll light up brightly again but I'll give it a try.

 

There was a squirrel on the suet nuggets this evening minding its own business when another squirrel jumped up onto the suet cakes feeder headed for the nuggets. The first squirrel jumped off, setting the suet nuggets feeder swinging, and I was just fast enough on the shutter to capture one coming and one going.

 


The only other thing I have to show you is my drawing for today which was Salt & Pepper. Another oddball thing to draw but I played along. I am happy to report that I think it did better in making the two sides of the vessels more similar. It seemed to work better if I drew the left side from top to bottom, then repeated the same on the right side from top to bottom, joining them across the bottom, rather than drawing one continuous line.

 

Before I went to Untitled Town this morning I sat down here and reread the beginning of Not Fair (the next cozy mystery) and dreamed up a new character and shop for downtown Ashville. At Friday Night Knitting, CP suggested doing something with a pretzel shop and having the word Knots in the name. So I thought of Fred's Love Knots moving into the empty store on the other side of Cecilia's The Alchemist lotion shop. That meant I had to dream up a new character named Fred and figure out what he looks like and a bit of his story. So satisfying and so much fun. Next Saturday I'm off to The Clearing for a week and I think I'll take the cozy how-to book along and work on book #2 during all those precious quiet writing time hours. Hopefully I'll get a lot of the manuscript written.

Just around lunchtime I looked up to see LC come to my booth! Seems they had to drop OJ off at a nearby hotel/lodge for a birthday party so DS, DIL1, and LC came to visit Meemaw at the book fair. It was great to see them because they've been so busy I hadn't seen the adults since Labor Day. Their lives sure are full. DS said he'd maybe have a brewing day one day next week so we can have a visit. I hope so. I miss seeing them.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

"All things come to those who wait" could be the title of this chapter in your autobiography. Much better day saleswise and the bonus of the surprise visit with your kids 😀.