I got brave when I was drawing yesterday's gratitude journal page and drew the whole me when I drew my walk. It's not bad. I don't have a face, but it isn't too misshapen. I'm quite happy with it.
In the afternoon I gave in to temptation and started working my way through the second Manuscript Analysis of Three Cheers for Murder. This time it's much more picky about things, drilling down to the nitty gritty, I guess. One of the recommendations confused me enough that I put a flag on it and moved on. I'll come back to it and hope I can figure out what to do. Part of me wants to leap ahead and start outlining the next book in the series but I'm maintaining control. I'm thinking about it, though. I'm protecting one character in this book because he'll have a bigger role in the next one.
I checked on Chirp to see how many copies of Horizon's audiobook I've sold since the 7th when it was on their Featured Deal email page. 78! Not bad. It's nowhere near the 9k+ that got picked up for free but it's pretty good. I lowered the prices of two other audiobooks and have sold 11 of each of those. I'm satisfied with their performance. I'm running ads for all three of them at the same time so I'm sure the ads are spending the profits from the sales but I had to try.
I emailed the sponsor of a BookFunnel sales promo I signed up for today to make sure I was accepted and I am so Better Than Mom's eBook will be advertised on a promo in October and Christmas at Seaview eBook will be on on a sales promo from the middle of October until about Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed I make some sales. It doesn't cost anything to be on those promos so there's less risk. I'm happy with that.
Yesterday I finally heard that I'm accepted in the UntitledTown Book Fair on the weekend of the 26th and 27th. I got a little crazy and bought booth space for both days. Let's hope I'm not in some corner where nobody shops. Should be interesting.
--Barbara




1 comment:
Yes, those examples are a little confusing but at least we can see they're all root vegetables. You can have my share of the parsnips.
Post a Comment