Tuesday, September 15, 2026

I Borrowed This From Mitch

My knitting friend MW likes to take photos of the sky when it's showing off. Tonight it was really showing off. He texted me a few photos and I'm sharing this one with you. I knew there was a vivid sunset tonight but didn't get out to view it in time. But he did.

 


Yesterday was a good day for the gratitude journal page. I like drawing my walking legs (I can't draw the rest of me yet) and picking out a yoga pose to try to draw. There was lots of weather to include too.

 

I wasn't at my best drawing this afternoon. The prompt was Watch and my watches are misshapen and cockeyed. I tried. I really did, but they're off kilter and probably don't keep good time.

 


Today I got to pick up LC and OJ after piano. I got there too early so this was my view--a busy, crosstown street and a hospital parking lot. I did have the new Richard Osman mystery audiobook to listen to so I wasn't bored.

 

I took this Sparrow-on-the-feeder picture because no other birds showed up while I was looking today. Probably when I left the room all sorts of exotic and interesting birds showed up but all I saw was this drab little Sparrow.

 


You know, I didn't mean to make the tangelo colored stripe on this hat as wide as it is, but I just kept knitting the yarn until it ran out. Now I've reattached the pale orange and I'll finish it with that. It'll look okay, I think.

 

I finished going through all 23 pages of the Manuscript Analysis this afternoon and gave into temptation to run another one so it'd tell me that the manuscript was just fine. Well, it didn't. In fact, it printed out 25 pages of helpful suggestions. I haven't had the guts to look at them yet but I bet there will be some that I'll disagree with and ignore. Pushy program. Who's writing this novel anyway?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Oh that sunset!! I'm so glad your friend shared it with you and you shared it with us. Magnificent.