Tuesday, September 22, 2026

It Was Getting Dark

But I went out and took pictures of Dad's roses anyway. I'll share one with you tonight and save the others for another night. Or two. Can't have too much beauty on one night, now can we? The guy across the street was taking out his recycling bin while I was out there taking pictures and sniffing the roses. He probably thought I was a little nuts, but I don't care.

 


I caught sight of a Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet nuggets but it hid behind the feeder so all I saw was its head. I decided instead of posting a shot of the suet nuggets feeder with a bird's head peeking around the side, I'd go back in the archives to find a picture of the whole bird. And I did. You're welcome.

 

Only one Sparrow landed on the round feeder while I was looking today. There was a good sized flock of them but only this one flew up to the feeder to toss seed down to the masses.

 


I was gutsy enough again this morning to draw a whole me on the gratitude journal page for yesterday. I'm definitely not as thin as this representation and I wasn't running, which this kind of looks like, but I'll get better as time goes on. I promise.

 

Spice jars. What a goofy thing to draw today. I did a little better in making the sides of the jars closer to each other. I still like the letters the best.

 

I didn't do much writing today. Shocking, I know. In the morning my cleaner came so I chatted with her while she worked and in the afternoon I met with a couple friends to help them get their Substacks up and running. I don't know that I was much help but they seemed satisfied. Then I came across town to the grocery because I was low on frozen meals and stopped at the bank for change for the upcoming book sales this weekend. Unless there's a miracle (doubtful), I won't have my new book to sell this weekend. I blame the cover designer. If they hadn't been out on sick leave, they'd have gotten the cover designed in a week to ten days rather than the three weeks it took, then I could have published the book sooner and the author copies would probably already be here. Oh well, I can't change that now, I'll just have to be patient. They'll come when they come.

--Barbara 

No comments: